Friday, August 30, 2013

Home-made Fabric Sandals, with full Tutorial!



No, I don't really want to say goodbye to summer yet... So I made this pair of sandals... it's a surprisingly quick project and I am giving you a full video tutorial on it... The other side of the world is just getting to the warm season after all!






You don't need any specialty materials, I had most of it at home, or got it from a normal DIY/hardware store.
In the first video, I am talking you through all the materials and tools needed:




In the second video we are preparing the sole, covering it with padding and fabric etc...



...and in the last video I'm showing you how to sew the upper part of the sandals.


I hope this inspires some of you to give it a go! This kind of shoe, which is not made over lasts, is really quick and fun to make and you don't need to run after stuff that's hard to find...

So off I go, enjoying the last summery sunrays out there - I will post about this fabulous maxi dress very shortly!


Best to all of you,
Katja


3 comments:

  1. Die sind der Hammer. Ich schau mir jetzt nicht das Tutorial an, sonst will ich die auch ;) und ich hab eigentlich genug zu tun. Ich hatte auch schon deine anderen Schuhe bewundert tolles Design und super gemacht. Mir gefallen eh deine ganzen Sachen, ist mal was total Anderes als auf den meisten Blogs zu sehen. Liebe Gruesse Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done Katja. They look very well made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the mood for CoutureSeptember 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

    Thank you for this tutorial! the result is stunning!
    http://en.inthemoodforcouture.com

    ReplyDelete